top of page

Frequently Asked Questions


​Why should I have a lawyer?​
  • Lawyers are trained legal professionals who can help explain the laws and your rights to you. They are trained to evaluate your options, as well as negotiate or mediate conflicts with other people, prepare letters or other legal documents for you, and represent you in court.


I haven't been arrested yet. What are my rights?
  • Police have real guns with real bullets, do not resist! However, you do have the right to remain silent, which means that you should do so, that you will not incriminate yourself. You also have the right to an attorney. If you are subject to an investigation, you should contact an experienced attorney who can provide guidance and support in any law enforcement questioning.


How long do you have to​ live in Nevada to get a divorce?
  • Nevada law requires that either party must be a resident of Nevada for at least 6 weeks before filing the divorce papers. Offically living in Nevada requires official documents such as your drivers license or state issued photo identification.

I'm going through a divorce and want to leave the State with my children.
  • If custody has been established, and the custodial parent intends to move outside of the state with the child, that parent must, as soon as possible and before the planned move, attempt to obtain the written consent of the noncustodial parent to move the child from this state. If the noncustodial parent refuses to give that consent, the custodial parent shall, before leaving this state with the child, petition the court for permission to move the child. The failure of a parent to comply with the provisions of this section may be considered as a factor if a change of custody is requested by the noncustodial parent.
    -From the Nevada Revised Statutes 125C.200
Lozano Law LV

Dawn M. Lozano, Ltd.

bottom of page